The young men will learn from a dietician how to examine personal diets and health in light of Scripture and basic nutrition. As a prerequisite, the young men will log a 3-day intake of food, their energy level and exercise one month before coming to live at Seed 4 Life.
Examine personal diets and health in light of Scripture and basic nutrition.
- Foundation of Scripture
- Purpose and Food Source of 7 Nutrients
- Provide Visual Examples of CUP (Color, Useful, Portion) Guideline
- Activity: Examine Personal Diets and Look for Areas of Change or Improvement
Learn to discern the benefits and harms of various food options.
- Food Labels and Brand names
- Fresh In-Season Produce verses Processed Food
- Fast Food; Junk Food
- Activity: Watch Super-Size Me, and Make a Trip to a Local Grocery Store to Learn How to Shop
Learn how to plan and prepare healthy meals and snacks throughout the day.
- Discuss Meal Planning
- Activity: Prepare a Variety of Simple, Healthy Food Options
- Activity: Using the Principles Taught, Plan a Menu for Three Days